One of the questions that I hear is “How do I find applicable content for my online posts?” And, then from there the ideas seem to get very complicated and involved.
But let’s take a simple step-by-step process to help easily create meaningful and helpful content for your target audience.
1) List all the questions that your customers/clients ask everyday.
Ask yourself what questions do I hear and then ask salespeople and customer service staff or whoever in your company comes in contact with customers, current and potential, on a regular basis. Ask them to keep a list and send you the the questions. Ask for the most frequently asked questions as well as the more bizarre and one off question because that can get very interesting.
2) Turn that into question and answer articles for your blog. Or, pose the question and provide the answer on your website and any other social media outlets that you use in your business.
3) Once you have a series of articles consider making them into a free eBook that can be downloaded from your site or available from other social media sources. It is easier than ever to become your own book publisher if you have enough content to make it work.
4) Use questions and answers in the “Frequently Asked Questions” on your site.
5) Keep getting and answering those questions and use them as a base for informing and updating current and potential customers.
6) Use this content for email blasts or newsletter copy or wherever you are able to communicate with your target audience.
Once you put gathering customer questions as a practice or habit within your company you will have good content ideas.